NoDaLiDa 2023 - May 22-24, 2023
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Northern European Association for Language Technology (NEALT) invites submissions to its bi-annual conference on human language and speech technologies. NoDaLiDa 2023 will be held between Monday, May 22 and Wednesday, May 24, 2023 in Norðurlandahúsið - The Nordic House in Tórshavn, Faroe Islands.
Submissions are open at OpenReview.
NoDaLiDa addresses all aspects of natural language processing, speech recognition and synthesis and computational linguistics, including work in closely-related neighboring disciplines (such as, for example, machine learning, linguistics or psychology) that is sufficiently formalized or applied to bear relevance to speech and language technologies.
We invite paper submissions of three types:
* regular papers on substantial, original, and unpublished research, including empirical evaluation results, where appropriate; full-length survey papers
* short papers on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress, negative results, or opinion pieces; and
* demonstration papers on software or resource demonstrations, e.g. of systems, interfaces, infrastructures, data collections, or annotations.
We particularly encourage the submission of papers on completed or on-going work, where the first author is a Master or PhD student. This should be indicated at submission time.
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be included in the NoDaLiDa 2023 proceedings, which are published as part of the NEALT Proceedings Series by Linköping University Electronic Press and in the ACL Anthology.
* Monday, February 6, 2023 (extended): Submission of Papers
* Monday, March 20, 2023: Notification of Acceptance
* Monday, April 17, 2023: Camera-Ready Manuscripts
* Monday, May 22, 2023: Pre-Conference Workshops
* Tuesday and Wednesday, May 23-24, 2023: Main Conference
All submissions must follow the NoDaLiDa 2023 style files, which are available for LaTeX and can be retrieved here. You can also directly open the Overleaf template. A Word template is available on Google Drive.
Submissions must be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. Papers must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system. Paper submissions that violate either of these requirements will be returned without review.
The page limits for submissions are: up to eight pages for regular papers, and up to four pages for short papers and demo papers. For all three submission types, these page limits do not include additional pages with bibliographic references. Appendices (if part of a paper) should come after the references, and do not count towards the page limit. Note that the reviewers do not have to necessarily go through the appendices and therefore the main article text should not strongly depend on the content of the appendices.
DOUBLE SUBMISSION and PRE-PUBLICATION
Papers that have been or will be submitted to other venues must indicate this at submission time, and must be withdrawn from the other venues if accepted to NoDALiDa 2023. Authors of papers accepted for presentation at NoDALiDa must notify the program chairs by the camera-ready deadline as to whether the paper will be presented. We will not accept for publication or presentation the papers that overlap significantly in content or results with papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere.
NoDaLiDA follows the ACL policy on anonymization and anonymity period for non-anonymous pre-prints.
The anonymity period for NoDaLiDa 2023 is from January 1, 2023.
Submissions to the conference must be uploaded electronically, obeying the above requirements and no later than (end of day, anywhere on the world): Monday, February 6, 2023.
NoDaLiDa 2023 uses the OpenReview conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings.
* Mark Fishel, University of Tartu, Estonia (general chair)
* Tanel Alumäe, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia (publications chair)
* Inguna Skadina, University of Latvia (workshop chair)
* Christian Hardmeier, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
* Lilja Øvrelid, University of Oslo, Norway
To inquire about the submission and reviewing process or the scientific programme of the conference, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
* Iben Nyholm Debess, University of the Faroe Islands (chair)
* Bergur Djurhuus Hansen, University of the Faroe Islands (co-chair)
* Peter Juel Henrichsen, Danish Language Council (co-chair)
* Sandra Saxov Lamhauge, University of the Faroe Islands (co-chair)
For all practical inquiries, please email ‘email@example.com’.